Enjoy tranquility and peacefulness at the Pelícano; stay in a hotel with a friendly atmosphere and discover the enchantments of the mountains of San Gerardo de Rivas.
For more information, or to make a reservation, contact:
Or visit our webpage at www.hotelpelicano.net
This hotel is nestled in the mountains in San Gerardo; explore the natural wonders of the San Gerardo community including the Chirripó, Blanco and Talári Rivers that flow through the region and Chirripó National Park. From the hotel, there are beautiful views of the Talamanca mountain range including peaks such as Mount Urán and Mount Ventisqueros, both more than 3500 metres high.
At the Pelícano we are conscious about the importance of conserving the environment which gives us life. For this reason, we operate within sustainable guidelines in order to save our resources. During your stay, you can learn about and participate in the diverse mechanisms that our hotel has adopted to protect the environment.
Services and Facilities
- Parking: abundant and secure
- Restaurant: We have an extensive menu including Costa Rican and international fare and vegetarian options. Seating for 60 people
- Hotel rooms: 8 junior rooms with private bathrooms and hot water, and rustic architecture. SEE ROOMS
- Mountain Cabins (2 junior suites and 3 suites) for couples and families with a private bathroom, satelite television, mini fridge, and jetted tub
- Pool: Safe, and in an excellent location for both children and adults
- Barbeque area: for gatherings
- Internet: WiFi in all areas
- Sculpture display: Enjoy our collection of over 200 sculptures created by local artist Rafael Elizondo
- Nature walks: Enjoy paths to the Bosque Oro Verde, a native forest that we protect with pride
- Reforestation Program: Have a unique experience and participate in enhancing the Bosque Oro Verde by planting a tree
- Tour packages: We have numerous structured packages for those who want to get to know this beautiful area of Costa Rica. See Packages
- Help with Chirripó arrangements: We can help you with the logistics of your trip up to Chirripó National Park
- Spanish and English spoken
- Transport services: From anywhere in Costa Rica to the entrance of Chirripó National Park.
Hotel Pelícano is located 900 meters north of Canaán’s high school and 300 meters south of the Chirripó National Park ranger station in San Gerardo (MINAET).