Do you want to experience something more authentic in Costa Rica than a hotel?
Do you want to learn or improve your Spanish?
Would you like to learn how to cook tortillas or gallo pinto?
Introducing holiday homestays in San Gerardo de Rivas, a quaint village with a cloud forest backdrop in unspoiled south central Costa Rica.
History of San Gerardo Holiday Homestays:
Says Jenny Moss, founder of Holiday Homestays and director of Proyecto San Gerardo “Our volunteers repeatedly told us one of their very best experiences during their 6 week stays in San Gerardo was their homestay. They all feel they are welcomed as part of the family and enjoy delicious home cooked meals, improve their Spanish in constant conversation and share in family games, outings and chores. It seemed obvious that visitors would also get far more out of their time in Costa Rica if they could experience a homestay.”
All homestays include:
- Pick up and drop off from nearby city of San Isidro de General
- Full package of information to help in your planning
- Private bedroom
- Shared bathroom with hot water
- 3 meals a day, with the option of a packed lunch
- Laundry service
- Information on other tour destinations in Costa Rica
- Length of stay your choice – or choose from our budget-priced packets.
- Cooking lessons: includes how to make delicious tortillas, gallo pinto, fried plantain, refrescos, and much more.
- Spanish conversation lessons
- Packets and Tours including:
- Guided hike to Cloudbridge Reserve
- Horseback Riding – rentals or guided tour
- Visit to the hot pools (Aguas Termales GEVI)
- Guided visit to the beautiful Jardines Secretos
- Fishing/Lunch at Los Cocolisos Truchero
- Hike to a coffee plantation and picking (in season)
- Visit to a historic, working trapiche (sugar mill)
- See beautiful folk art at the gallery ‘Arte Mia’
- Milk a cow and make cheese at ‘Quesos Canaan’
- Photography, bird-watching, orchid gardens and more.
- Optional longer hikes to Mt Chirripó or other destinations can be arranged at additional cost. Plan on 3 days for your Chirripó trek.
- Volunteer opportunities available with Proyecto San Gerardo, Reserva Cloudbridge and others
Who are Holiday Homestays for?
Holiday Homestays are best suited to independent travelers: singles, couples or families. If you enjoy meeting new people, learning a new language and culture, and returning home with a new perspective on life – Holiday Homestays is for you!
Interested? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you immediately with answers to your questions and an information package. Or call (506) 2742-5356 direct.