Do you want to experience something more authentic in Costa Rica than a hotel?
Do you want to learn or improve your Spanish?
Would you like to learn how to cook tortillas or gallo pinto?
Introducing holiday homestays in San Gerardo de Rivas, a quaint village with a cloud forest backdrop in unspoiled south central Costa Rica.
All homestays include:
- Pick up and drop off from nearby city of San Isidro de General
- Full package of information to help in your planning
- Private bedroom
- Shared bathroom with hot water
- 3 meals a day, with the option of a packed lunch
- Laundry service
- Information on other tour destinations in Costa Rica
- Length of stay your choice – or choose from our budget-priced packets.
- Cooking lessons: includes how to make delicious tortillas, gallo pinto, fried plantain, refrescos, and much more.
- Spanish conversation lessons
- Packets and Tours including:
- Guided hike to Cloudbridge Reserve
- Horseback Riding – rentals or guided tour
- Visit to the hot pools (Aguas Termales GEVI)
- Guided visit to the beautiful Jardines Secretos
- Fishing/Lunch at Los Cocolisos Truchero
- Hike to a coffee plantation and picking (in season)
- See beautiful folk art at the gallery ‘Arte Mia’
- Milk a cow and make cheese at ‘Quesos Canaan’
- Photography, bird-watching, orchid gardens and more.
- Optional longer hikes to Mt Chirripó or other destinations can be arranged at additional cost. Plan on 3 days for your Chirripó trek.
- Volunteer opportunities available with Proyecto San Gerardo, Reserva Cloudbridge and others
Who are Holiday Homestays for?
Holiday Homestays are best suited to independent travelers: singles, couples or families. If you enjoy meeting new people, learning a new language and culture, and returning home with a new perspective on life – Holiday Homestays is for you!
Interested? Send an email to email@example.com and we will get back to you immediately with answers to your questions and an information package.